9.05.2012

It's in the Cards

"Your values play an important role in your business. They are what you and your business stand for. And they are what your customers will experience when they interact with your company - which may entail anything from reading a simple marketing message, to engaging in a personal session with you, to using your product. Values will also help you make decisions." pg 42 Right-Brain Business Plan

Right-Brain Business Plan Exercise: Create a Card Deck of Your Values

What are your values? Sure you know you have them, but have you ever sat down & tried to define them? It's not as easy as it looks.

When I started out to define mine I consulted the Internet first. Because the Internet knows what I stand for. Um, right. Anyhow, the Internet did hook me up with lists of values to choose from. Lots & lots of lists.

I scanned the lists for words that truly resonated with me. I then made my own list with words from the Internet & my own head.

Work Well Together

Honesty

Transparency

Nature

Persistent

Giving/Share

Educate

Inspire

Family

Great Design

Christianity

Then, I brought in my editor, Jarrod. He helped me decipher between words that were actual values & words that were things I do. After editing & some discussion the following Values List of Six for The JMS Plan was born:

Great Design

Great Outdoors

Collaboration

Family

God

Health

Then made my deck of values:

JMS Value Cards. Fronts.
JMS Value Cards. Backs.



No comments: